Citi runs a 3 week vacation programme twice yearly (June/ July and December/ January) for current University students with good academic backgrounds and a sincere interest in global banking. The three week exposure offers a placement in one of our key business areas and a real life view of what working for Citi is like.
Use this opportunity to gain exposure and practical work experience in one of our key business functions. Analysts are encouraged to apply to permanent positions in the year that they graduate with the understanding that an Analyst placement helps to develop key skills that can be leveraged when looking to be placed permanently in the business.
- Paid 3 week internship exposing the intern to corporate life within banking
- Allocated projects, tasks within your business unit
- Conduct research and analyse industry trends related to business development
- Learn to build financial models, assess valuation and explore corporate finance solutions for big-picture financial analyses
- Participate in client development, including coordinating data for clients and assisting in presentation of new ideas to potential clients
- We look for candidates with a strong work ethic, and a desire to learn and succeed
- A keen interest in financial markets and current affairs is critical
- We value diverse thinking and encourage students from all degree disciplines to consider our opportunities , ie – Studies incsubjects are beneficial but not essential
- A strong academic record at both Matric and University level is important
- Commitment to personal growth and career development, a strong desire to learn, and success in team environments
- Knowledge of the global or domestic business landscape (preferred, but not required)
- Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial/banking industry