Position: Truck Driver
Department: Facilities Management and Real Estate
Division: Parks and Cemeteries
Salary: R102 360 – R132 852 per annum (plus benefits)
Closing Date: 2015/07/20
• Grade 8
• Valid Code EC1 license with PrDP
• Relevant experience
• Responsible for the safe operation of the assigned vehicle
• Ensure proper maintenance is completed by Mechanics as necessary and keeping maintenance records
• Make appropriate adjustments prior to leaving for the job site
• Responsible for assuring appropriate load weight and volume for the vehicle and the delivery of all types of loads
• Perform traffic control set up at the job site
• Assist during emergency situations such as floods and severe weather
• Place and maintain warning signs, and setting up barricades
• May have contact with general public for the purpose of answering questions or receiving complaints about loads
• Use complex hydraulic machinery
• Recognize hazardous materials / situations and respond according to training and city policies and procedures
• Work effectively and cooperatively with other employees
How to Apply?
Applications or CVs and copies of qualifications, identity document and driver’s license (if applicable), to be submitted to the following Human Resource Office:
August Simmer Building, Ground Floor, 88 President Street, Germiston
PO Box 145, Germiston, 1400
Enquiries: 011 999 1602/1603/1815
No faxed and e-mailed applications will be accepted. Please quote reference number on application.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.