Position:Administrator: Heritage Conservation
Department: Sports, Recreation, Arts & Culture
Division:Arts, Culture and Heritage
Salary:R 177 888 – R 230 892 per annum (plus benefits)
- Degree or Diploma in Museology, History and Cultural Studies
- Computer skills
- Relevant experience
- Identify and list heritage sites
- Implement specialized heritage services
- Document and compile nomination dossiers for declaration of heritage sites
- Manage heritage sites and compile conservation management plans
- Implement Geographical names policy at local level
- Conduct workshops
Applications must be submitted to the following Human Resource Office:
- Brakpan Civic Centre, Cnr. Elliot & Escombe Streets, Brakpan
- Postal Address: PO Box 15, Brakpan 1540
- Enquiries: 011 999-7785/7771/7840/7845/7743/8170/7789
No faxed and e-mailed applications will be accepted. Please quote reference number on application.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications, identity documents, driver’s license (if applicable) and current professional registration (if applicable), are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.