Closing Date: 21 September 2015
Reference Number: (Ref No: SCM Intern 09/15)
The Human Sciences Research Council (HSRC) seeks to make appointments for 2 SCM (Supply Chain Management) Interns. Applicants should be between the ages of 20 and 35 years old, and should not have served in an internship position before and/or been employed. This internship is a structured work-based program, affording unemployed graduates to gain work experience. The two successful applicants will enter into a 24 month internship agreement and receive a stipend. The interns will be based in the Pretoria Office.
• Request quotations from approved suppliers on the HSRC database;
• Select potential suppliers;
• Obtain price quotations;
• Source goods and services required by the HSRC;
• Follow up and ensure that orders are delivered to the correct unit on time;
• Evaluate and recommend quotations in accordance with the SCM policy and related prescripts,
• Compile RFQ comparative schedules for Acquisitions Manager’s approval;
• Assist in drafting procurement reports;
• Render administrative support to the Unit.
• Completed Matric
• A three year National Diploma or Degree in Logistics, Purchasing Management and Supply Chain Management
• Strong computer skills
• English well spoken
• Customer service orientated
• Good interpersonal, planning, organizing, written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply?
Applications: In your application, please include: your CV, a letter of motivation, and the details of three recent referees (with telephone, fax and e-mail contact details). Ensure that you indicate the reference number (Ref No: SCM Intern 09/15)). The HSRC will only consider applications that comply with the above requirements.
Please submit your application to: The Head: Human Resources, HSRC, Private Bag X41, Pretoria 0001, or hand deliver to the HSRC Building, Room S944, 134 Pretorius Street, Pretoria. Alternatively applications may be e-mailed email@example.com. Please indicate the reference in the subject line, failure to do so may result in your application not being considered.
Enquiries, not applications, can be directed to Ms Caroline Mokone at Tel: +27 12 302 2199
The HSRC is committed to accelerating the improvement in the proportion of its senior managers and research leaders who are black, female or disabled.
GO HERE to view post