Department: Water and Sanitation
Salary:R132 372 – R171 852 per annum (plus benefits)
- National Water/Waste NQF3 or Plumber Trade Certificate
- Valid driver’s code EC1 license with PrDP
- Relevant experience
- Repair water and sewer pipes
- Upgrading of water and sewer networks
- Purchasing of tools, equipment and materials
- Performing general administration of the section
- Welding pipe sections and any other fabrications
- Assembling of special species and components
- Ensure adherence to OHS Act
- Manage personnel
- Condition of vehicles and plant
- Maintenance on existing structures
Applications or CVs and copies of qualifications, identity document and driver’s license (if applicable), to be submitted to the following Human Resource Office:
- August Simmer Building, Ground Floor, 88 President Street, Germiston
- PO Box 145, Germiston, 1400
- Enquiries: 011 999 1602/1603/1815
No faxed and e-mailed applications will be accepted. Please quote reference number on application.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.