Shoprite is looking for Student/ Trainee Supermarket Managers nationwide. The programme seeks to prepare candidates for becoming store managers within the Group.
On completion of training you will be responsible for the following managerial duties:
• Plan and organize the medium and long-term activities of the branch
• Stock monitoring
• Ensure that objectives are achieved
• Personnel management
• Identification & resolution of problems related to customers, staff and equipment
• Take full responsibility for the branch’s success from a profit-loss standpoint.
Essential requirements include:
• Senior Certicate or equivalent
• Proficiency in English (oral and written)
• Effective leadership skills
• Computer literacy.
The following would be an advantage:
• Previous experience in management
• Experience in the service or retail-related industry
• Exposure to management systems
• An important statement and a proven track record in the retail industry
• Good project planning and organizing
• A valid Code B driver’s license.
Note: Successful candidates must be willing to work weekends and holidays, and also be willing to relocate.
In addition to excellent career opportunities, the Shoprite Group offers market-related remuneration package which includes attractive benefits.
How to Apply?
Forward your CV, cover letter and a certified copy of your ID to email@example.com. Ensure that you mention the name of the city closest to you in your cover letter.
Candidates who have not received within four weeks of the closing date feedback can assume that other applicants were more suitable for the job. The Shoprite Group subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and reserves the right not to fill the posts.Source: Platinum Bushvelder (22 April 2016)
Closing Date: 06 May 2016