Position:Chief Social Worker
Department: Health and Social Development
Salary:R314256 – R407 916 per annum (plus benefits)
- BA in Social Work (NQF level 7)
- Registration with Council for Social Workers
- Valid Driver’s License
- Computer Literacy
- 3-5 Years’ experience in a similar environment
- Provide leadership and manage implementation of the Social Development Strategic objectives at the sub-regional level
- Define and ensure execution of processes, procedures and all methodologies to be applied in operationalizing the Social Development strategic objectives
- Ensure alignment and adherence to policies and legislation at local, provincial and national level, including compliance to EMM financial and asset management processes in the sub-region
- Promote good governance in the implementation of strategic objectives, identify risks and mitigate where possible
- Oversee administrative operations within the sub-region in line with approved norms and standards
- Supervise and evaluate the work performance of social workers to ensure the execution of comprehensive social work services at a sub – regional level
- Consult, Plan, Monitor and Evaluate implementation of strategic objectives for all target groups at a sub-regional level
- Provide guidance on the implementation of allocated budget as per the SDBIP in the sub region
- Promote stake holder engagement and community participation with the Sub region.
Applications or CVs and copies of qualifications, identity document and driver’s license (if applicable), to be submitted to the following Human Resource Office:
- Kempton Park Civic Centre, Corner Pretoria Road and CR Swart Drive, 2nd Floor, Room A216
- Postal Address: PO Box 13, Kempton Park,1620
- Enquiries: 011 999 3612/3615/3611/3619/3608
No faxed and e-mailed applications will be accepted. Please quote reference number on application.
- The successful candidate who does not have the NQF Level 5 financial management qualification will be required to obtain it, in terms of the National Treasury requirement.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.