Position:Senior Travel Manager
Department: Executive Secretariat
Salary:R 433 248 – R 562 380 per annum (plus benefits)
- National Diploma in Travel and Tourism
- Certificate of Travel Agency Competency
- Certificates in Galileo and/or Amadeus Travel Booking Programme
- Certificate in Travel Financial Management
- International Fares and Ticketing
- Global E-ticketing reservation program
- NQF Level 5 equivalent qualifications
- 5 – 8 years/ experience in a similar environment (In-house corporate travel management)
- Develop and manage the EMM’s Travel Policy
- Process and monitor travel applications, approvals and logistics between key support personnel within EMM
- Manage the Metro’s travel costs
- Negotiate preferential rates with Airlines, Hotels, Car Rental and other Travel Service Providers
- Provide travel workshops and educationals for junior travel staff
- Book travel for VIP principles (Executive Mayor, Speaker, Chief Whip, MMC’s, City Manager, Chief Operations Officer and Group Chief Financial Officer)
- Manage forex issuing
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the travel unit and its staff
- Process travel authorizations in consultation with administrative and technical units with the EMM
- Make appropriate arrangements for timely delivery of visas and foreign currency
- Attend to the processing of travel related claims
- Research global travel procedures and destination information
- Ensure adherence to the EMM Travel Policy guidelines and protocols
Interested candidates whose background and experience match these challenging and exciting positions are invited to submit their CV’s by email to email@example.com
Enquiries: Tel: (011) 999 7427
Please quote reference number on application.
Note:The successful candidate who does not have the NQF Level 5 Finance Management qualification will be required to obtain it, in terms of the National Treasury Requirement.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.