Division:Research and Committees Support
Salary:Remuneration at the total cost to Council salary (R406 195 – R 552 625) of which (R296 460 – R384 816) is basic salary
- Relevant Honours Degree or equivalent NQF Level 7 Qualification
- Proven track record in research and analysis
- 2-5 years’ experience within a research environment
- Provider strategic advice to chairperson and oversight Committees on the performance of the department and the Committee agendas
- Analyze and scrutinize departmental quarterly SDBIP reports, annual reports, and IDP/Budget to ensure compliance with GDS and other specific legislations
- Compile and present oversight reports
- Provide strategic advice to chairperson and Oversight Committees on focused intervention Studies (FISs)/Oversight visits, as well as benchmark visits
- Identify research areas/projects for analyses, benchmark visits and/ or visits to other metros and institutions
- Plan, implement, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of research projects to ensure that the projects are delivered according to the requirement of the committees and cluster, and as per the research agenda
- Recommend selection of research consultants/institutions for commissioned research
- Disseminate research findings in different fora, including conferences, seminars and publications
- Develop and maintain relationship with academia, research institutes, public and private sector
Interested candidates whose background and experience match these challenging and exciting positions are invited to submit their CV’s by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries: Tel: Cori Clark (011) 628 8308
Please quote reference number on application.
Note:The successful candidate who does not have the NQF Level 5 Finance Management qualification will be required to obtain it, in terms of the National Treasury Requirement.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.