Department: Disaster and Emergency Management
Salary:R433 248 – R562 380 per annum (plus benefits)
- Grade 12
- Higher Diploma in Fire Technology or equivalent
- AEA with HPCSA registration
- Code EC driver’s license with PrDP
- Extensive relevant experience
- Responsible for management, monitoring and evaluation of operations of the Emergency Services in the Region
- Oversee the regional operational preparedness
- Manage and ensure effective and efficient administration of the operations section in the region
- Exercise delegated authority and execute tasks as developed by the Executive Manager: Operations
- Maintain operational readiness of resources in the Region
- Ensure co-ordinates and cooperation between District
- Ensure compliance to relevant legislation and meet standards
- Compile and monitor operational statistics for the Region
- Implement instructions and address variations as instructed
- Participate in conducting skills audit and training needs analysis for the Region
- Participate in the compiling and implementing the training of programs to address the training needs
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of subordinates
- Apply and implement fair labour practice and business
- Manage discipline, staff grievances and conflict at workplace in the region
- Execute council resolution and act in the absence of the Executive Manager: Operations
Applications or CVs an copies of qualification, identity document and driver’s license (if applicable), to be submitted to the following Human Resource Office:
- August Simmer Building, Ground Floor, 88 President Street, Germiston
- PO Box 145, Germiston, 1400
- Enquiries: 011 999 1602/1603/1815
No faxed and e-mailed applications will be accepted. Please quote reference number on application.
- The successful candidate who does not have the NQF Level 5 financial management qualification will be required to obtain it, in terms of the National Treasury requirement.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.