Closing Date: 30 October 2015
PPS bursaries are awarded on financial need and academic record to full time university students in an effort to assist students financially to cover tuition and/or text book costs for one academic year.
PPS is the only mutual financial services company in South Africa that has focused exclusively on graduate professionals for over 74 years.
• To be eligible for the PPS bursary, the student must be registered at a participating South African University or University of Technology (listed below) registering for a fourth academic year of study or post-graduate degree and must be studying towards a profession, which on qualification, would be eligible for PPS membership.
• The student must be a citizen or permanent resident of South Africa
• The student must have an academic average of at least 60%.
• The application criteria is determined entirely at PPS’ discretion and PPS reserves the right to change the criteria at any time without prior notice to applicants. PPS also reserves the right to withdraw its financial aid to successful applicants should it be found at any time that an applicant does not (or no longer) meets the application criteria or the applicant has breached any of the terms and conditions in any way.
• PPS does not award bursaries to students that already have other confirmed sponsors which cover their entire academic expenses, unless the alternative sponsor is a loan and not a bursary. If the student is in contravention with this policy, the bursary (and funds) will be withdrawn and disbursed to an alternate bursary recipient.
Value of the bursary
The PPS Dean bursary only covers tuition and text book costs to the maximum amount of budget as specified by PPS, for one academic year – payable for 1 or more students within a specific faculty at the discretion of the dean.
PPS is only assisting students financially to obtain their qualification; it is not obliged to provide students with any practical training or employment on completion of studies. Recipients of the PPS Bursary award will be granted the opportunity to sign up and become a PPS student member at no cost.
How to Apply?
Contact the relevant PPS Graduate Marketing Specialist at the universities listed below to find out if your faculty has a PPS Dean Bursary allocated – please provide the Graduate Marketing Specialist with the degree that you are currently pursuing and your year of study.
If there is a bursary allocated to a faculty that you are in, find out from the Graduate Marketing Specialist when and how you can obtain an application form.
Complete application form A and return the form to the PPS Graduate Marketing Specialist
Participating Universities & PPS Graduate Marketing Specialist responsible
• University of the Witwatersrand – Lesego Molefe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• University of Pretoria Pierre Coetzee (email@example.com)
• University of Cape Town Roxanne Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• University of Stellenbosch – Annemieke Nel (email@example.com)
• University of Stellenbosch Tygerberg – Sandi Goodwin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• University of Johannesburg – Rebecca Seabela (email@example.com)
• University of the Free State – Selma Kruger (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• North-West University – Heleen Lubbe (email@example.com)
• University of the Western Cape – Blaize Ovies (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• University of KwaZulu-Natal – Zakiya Essa (email@example.com)
• Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University – Vuyo Mququ (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Rhodes University – Vuyo Mququ (email@example.com)
• University of Fort Hare – Nondumiso Gumede (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• University of Limpopo – Mangali Ngcobo (email@example.com)
• Sefako Makgatho University (Medunsa) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• University of Zululand – Celeste Nqoko (email@example.com)
Participating Universities of Technology & PPS Graduate Marketing Specialist responsible:
• Walter Sisulu University of Technology – Nondumiso Gumede (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Vaal University of Technology – Rebecca Seabela (email@example.com)
• Cape Peninsula University of Technology – Sandi Goodwin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Central University of Technology – Selma Kruger (email@example.com)
• Durban University of Technology – Celeste Nqoko (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Mangosuthu University of Technology – Celeste Nqoko (email@example.com)
• Tshwane University of Technology – Pierre Coetzee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
GO HERE to view post