Reference Number: HESD1451S
Department: Health and Social Development
Division: Primary Health Care
Salary: R236 436 – R306 900 per annum (plus benefits)
• Bachelor of Arts in Nursing (BCur) (NQF 7) or Diploma with General Nursing, Midwifery, Psychiatric Nursing Community Health Nursing
• Registration with South African Nursing Council
• Driver’s license
• 1 year experience in a similar environment
• Conduct specialized vital signs and observation on clients / patients to perform a nursing diagnosis to effectively prescribe treatment
• Plan and organize own work tasks and routine within area of work and implement nursing procedures according to protocol and guidelines
• Adhere to scope of practice as prescribed by the professional body
• Adhere to protocols, policies and standard operating procedures to prevent and reduce wastage of financial resources and escalate associated risks
• Establish a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological and spiritual support to patients / clients, relatives and friends
• Function within and collaborating with the multi -disciplinary team for optimal patient / client care
• Response to maintain and utilize medical equipment for accurate observations
Applications must be submitted to the following Human Resource Office:
• August Simmer Building, Ground Floor, 88 President Street, Germiston
• PO Box 145, Germiston, 1400
• Enquiries: 011 999 1602/1603/1815
No faxed and e-mailed applications will be accepted. Please quote reference number on application.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications, identity documents, driver’s license (if applicable) and current professional registration (if applicable), are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.
Closing date: 2016/10/31