Location: n/a,N/A, South Africa
Closing Date: 01 July 2015
The National Education Collaboration Trust (NECT) seeks 8 dynamic self-starters to assist in regional communication efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of communications while working for an organisation that is focussed on creating a better future for South Africa in the education area.
• Meet regularly with relevant stakeholders
• Attend district meetings, such as the District Steering Committee (DSC) meeting amongst others
• Visit projects on the ground and assess which ones should be highlighted together with the Lead Agents and the National Communications Manager, thereafter write an article based on this
• Manage and maintain relationships with local media including radio, print and online
• Build contacts and sources for use in future stories
• Write, post, manage and maintain relevant social media for the district
• Manage and maintain the NECT CRM database for the district, including obtaining and capturing details from all relevant stakeholders
• Interview stakeholders in the district
• Write relevant articles regularly and timeously
• Ability to write communication required for the district
• Memorandums / notifications
• Fact-check information given to you by interviewees
• Work within defined templates (provided) for newsletters, reports and other
• Compile detailed status reports in order to report back
• A good understanding of available technological tools such as a computer, camera, smart phones etc. and digital platforms such as CRM and social media
• Completed a University/College degree, in a related field (e.g., Journalism, English, Marketing / Communications, Advertising or Public Relations)
• Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications an advantage
• Understanding of the basic principles of journalism, communications, public relations and/or marketing
• Must be computer literate (working knowledge of Microsoft Office).
• Possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
• Ability to work well independently, and within a team
• Passion for education, cultural sensitivity and respect for differences
• Must also be able to speak a local language (i.e. Northern Sotho/Sepedi in Limpopo, Xhosa in Eastern Cape, Setswana in North West, Ndebele in Mpumalanga and Zulu in KZN)
• Must be from one of these provinces: Limpopo, KwaZulu-Natal, Mpumalanga, North West or the Eastern Cape Province, and willing to work there.
How to Apply?
Please a send cover letter, resume and writing sample to Kabelo Mpyatona on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consider your application as unsuccessful if you do not hear back from us within 2 weeks