Closing Date: March 2017
Supersport Satellite Contribution seeks to appoint suitably qualified, South African citizens to participate in a 12 months Internship program. The purpose of the program is to give qualifying candidates an opportunity to gain work experience as an ICR Intern.
By means of blend of classroom, e-learning and on the job training, interns will learn how to:
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing feeds via Satellite networks.
- Coordinate incoming and outgoing feeds via ATM & Fiber network.
- Check and maintain technical requirements with Host Broadcasters and outside broadcasters.
- Plan and manage traffic flow and correct audio and video defects.
- Ingest into Ardome and ISIS media servers.
- Generate reports on completion of every shift.
- Follow operational instructions as per standard operation procedure (SOP).
- Execute instructions according to the client’s requirements.
- Communicate with all relevant parties prior and during transmission
- Adhere and survive in a 24/7 shift operation environment.
KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 3-year Diploma / Degree in Electrical Engineering / Electronics
- No work experience required
- Must be a quick learner.
- Able to work 12-hour long shift, including weekends and public holidays.
- Dedicated problem solver.
- Responds well under pressure / tight deadlines.
- Customer service oriented, with the ability to command and take instructions as well.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Dynamic, energetic and self-starter.
- Self-motivated and results driven.
How To Apply