Closing Date: 08 January 2016
Logistics internship opportunity available at Dis-Chem Head Office. No prior experience required. Tertiary qualification within the logistics related field essential.
• Matric or Senior Certificate
• 3 Year Diploma or Degree in a Logistics related field
• Valid Driver’s licence and / or reliable transport
• South African citizen or valid work permit
Duties and Responsibilities
• Transferring Finished Goods between warehouses as requested by Regional Sales Office or National Call Centre.
• Evaluate all requests for stock movement and recommend actions to be taken.
• Communicating with National Call Centre on a daily basis with regards to Finished Goods Availability.
• Monitoring & transferring of Commercial product from BSAF plants to BSAFC plants within the prescribed requirements.
• Processing Purchase Requests from BSAFC – consider cost of sales (freight) and lead times. This applies for sales to BSAFC of finished product, rubber and casings.
• Arranging necessary documents i.e. purchases, requisitions etc.
• Managing inbound and outbound logistics.
• Supervise receipt and booking of shipments according to SOPs.
• Following up with suppliers, shippers and couriers to trace and fast-track shipments suppliers – sometimes this will be at night, due to some suppliers being in the US.
• Keeping intranet tracking board up-to-date.
• Liaising with local courier companies, ensuring the best possible rates and customer service.
• Arranging collection at customers where necessary.
• Handling returns (RMAs) with suppliers. Returns from customers as per SOP and faulty stock to suppliers as per SO.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Trustworthy and honest.
• Self-starter, diligent and accurate.
• Attentive to detail.
• Be deadline orientated, and have good time management skills
How to Apply?
Click HERE to apply