At the Gauteng Department of Economic Development we believe that people are our greatest asset and the key ingredient of our success. We are clear that to move forward and prosper in this challenging environment, we must employ people that share our vision and our values.
• Office of the MEC – ND / Degree in Communication / Public Administration and Management
• Directorate: Liquor Affairs [x15] – ND / Degree in Information Technology / Data Management
• Directorate: Client Relations Management [x5] – ND / Degree in Public Relations
• Directorate: Business Regulation and Governance [x1] – ND / Degree in Politcs. Law, Sociology, Regulatory Affairs
• Directorate: Communications [x2] – ND / Degree in Marketing, Communications / Public Relations
• Sub-directorate: Labour Relations [x1] – ND / Degree in Labour Relations / Industrial Relations / Employee Relations
• Wellness:[x1] – ND / Degree in Social Work / Social Science / Nursing
• Directorate: Corporate Governance [x1] – ND / Degree in Corporate Governance / Public Administration / Corporate Law
• Directorate: Human Capital Management [x4] –
• ND / Degree in Human Resources Management / Industrial Psychology
• Shared Auxiliary Services [x4] – ND / Degree in Public Administration (special interest in general administration) OR Occupational Health and Safety OR Information Management (with records management as of the subjects) OR Building / Facilities Management
• Information Communication Technology [x3] – ND / Degree in A+, N+, MCSE / ND in Computer Engineering
• Office of the Chief Financial Officer [x3] – ND / Degree in Supply Chain Management or Fleet Management or Asset Management
• Directorate: Financial Management [x2] – ND / Degree in Financial Management / Accounting
• Risk Management: [x2] – ND / Degree in Auditing / Financial Management / Procurement
• Tourism [x1] – ND / Degree in Tourism
• Consumer Affairs [x3] – ND / Degree in Public Relations / Management / Education / Education Training / Development Communications
• Legal Services – ND / Degree in Law
Applications are invited from unemployed South African citizens aged between 18 and 35 years who have completed a minimum of NQF Level 6 / National Diploma or Bachelors degree in the relevant fields as indicated above. Interns will receive a monthly stipend in accordance with their highest qualification at the time of appointment. Applicants who have already participated in any Government Internship Programme will not be considered and if it is found out that this was the case alter appointment, the contract will be terminated with immediate effect.
How to Apply?
Application must be submitted on a signed Z83 Form (download HERE) and must be accompanied by a comprehensive CV and certified copies of qualifications (including Matric Certificate), academic records and a certified copy of the identity document. Failure to provide documents will disqualify applicants. Applicants must clearly indicate the area they are apply for on the Z83 Form. A separate application should be submitted for each study field of interest. No late submission will be considered. Unless indicated otherwise, the internship opportunities are based in Johannesburg. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have international qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAGA). All qualifications will be subjected to verification. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. The Gauteng Department of Economic Development is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment, especially of race, gender and disability. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
NB: IT should be noted that this is not a permanent employment but an opportunity for unemployed graduates to acquire relevant experience. Preference will be given to Gauteng graduates.
Application to be hand delivered at the Gauteng Department of Economic Development at 94 Main Street Marshalltown only.
Enquiries: MS Aletta Mashile (011) 355 8045
Click HERE to view post