Closing Date: 11 September 2015
Applications are invited for the ATNS Engineering Learnership
Air Traffic and Navigation Services State-Owned Company Limited (ATNS SOC Ltd) is proud to invite dynamic and enthusiastic engineering students to apply to be part of the Engineering Learnership Programme at the Aviation Training Academy (ATA) based in Bonaero Park, Johannesburg.
The learnership programme normally referred to as Internship/ Experiential learning is aimed at offering work-based training to learners through work experience related to their field of study in order for them to complete a Qualification. E.g. National Diploma.
The programme will run for 12 months consisting of Experiential Training P1 & P2. It is important to note that with regards to internships, trainees will be required to meet the work experience requirements of the Higher Education Institution in order to be awarded a qualification. Successful completion of P1 allows a student to be automatically enrolled for P2.
ATNS is responsible for air traffic control in approximately 10% of the worlds airspace.
A candidate who
• Has or is about to complete Electrical Engineering Semester four (4) training from the University of Technology in any of the following electrical engineering fields: – Telecommunication – Process Instrumentation – Digital Systems – Computer Systems
• Is a South African Citizen with a valid ID
• Is Computer Literate (MS Office)
• Shows drive to achieve ambitious performance objectives and quality standards
• Is willing to take every opportunity to learn and grow
What happens in the twelve months?
The Engineering Learnership programme will be monitored throughout the 12 months period.. After the 12 months programme, the company may place a candidate permanently in a suitable area having considered available opportunities, performance and competence.
The following are some of the careers available at ATNS SOC Limited within the Operations Technology Department:
• Engineering Technicians
• Network Infrastructure
• ICT Technicians
• Chief Specialists
• Technical Specialists
How to Apply?
Click HERE to apply