The Road Accident Fund is committed to youth skills development by providing graduates with an opportunity to gain work experience. Applications are invited from unemployed graduates between the age of 18 and 35. The Internship program will run for a period of twelve (12) months. Take note that candidates who have already attended on an internship/ learnership program will not be considered. The intern will be awarded a monthly stipend.
The Road Accident Fund’s mission is to provide appropriate cover to all road users within the borders of South Africa; to rehabilitate and compensate persons injured as a result of motor vehicle accidents in a timely and caring manner; and to actively promote safe use of our roads
The RAF offers the following internship opportunities:
• Correspondence Department at the Cape Town Regional Office (Reference number: CO16092016CD)
• Quality Assurance & Complaints Department at the Cape Town Regional Office (Reference number: QA16092016QA)
• Operations Department at the East London Regional Office (Reference number: 23092016 IELN)
• Operations Department at the at the Cape Town Regional Office (Reference number: CI16092016OPS)
Work based exposure – Correspondence Department
• Capturing of new incoming claims and other documentation.
• Assist with the capturing of incoming new claims and documentation and scanning of incoming documentation in Document Services and / or picking and filing away of claims in CAFS (Claims Archiving Facility).
• Assist at Cape Town switchboard/reception as and when required to do so.
• Assist in Document Services with general administration and/or assist in the CAFS Unit with general administration as and where the need arises.
Work based exposure – Quality Assurance and Complaints Department
• Quality Assurance and Complaints administration
• Quality Assurance and Complaints processes
Work based exposure – Operations Department in East London
• Direct Claims
• Claims Origination
• Claims Determination
• Claims Finalization
• Claims Litigation
• Post Claims Settlement
Work based exposure – Operations Department in Cape Town
• Acknowledgement of letter for claims lodged and requesting of outstanding documents from claimant /attorney,
• Requesting outstanding merits documents from outside stakeholders e.g. Hospital & SAPS, etc.•
• Calling of insured drivers and witnesses for statements,
• Confirming telephonically information already supplied by claimant or attorneys,
• Where necessary instructing assessor to investigate merits,
• Assess taking into account all merits documents at hand, determine liability of the RAF based in terms of section 17 of RAF act/as amended,
• Request all outstanding quantum documentation e.g. employer certificates, medical invoices, RIP5/12 etc,
• Determine quantum (amount to be paid) inters of legislated case law or president,
• Compiling of Offers,
• Managing litigation process in conjunction with panel attorney,
• Degree in the Legal Field or Equivalent (Quality Assurance & Complaints)
• Degree in Law or Equivalent (Operations in Cape Town)
• National Diploma/B Degree in Records Management or Equivalent (Correspondence)
• Degree or Equivalent at NQF 6/7 (Operations in East London)
• Certified Matric/Grade 12 @ NQF level 4 certificate
• Certified copy of tertiary education qualification
• Certified copy of ID
• Certified copy of Academic transcript
• Your CV and motivational letter
How to Apply?
No late applications will be considered
Applications can be forwarded to the following e-mail addresses:
INSTRUCTION TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
• Indicate the name and the reference number for the Internship you are applying for on the subject line
• Submit a short CV and a motivational letter as to why your application should be considered with a maximum of 3 pages, applications with no academic transcript will not be considered.
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to groups who are under represented in terms of our Employment Equity Plan. Please note that the prospective employees will be subjected to security vetting
NB: Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful
Go HERE to view post
Closing Date: 11 October 2016