Location: n/a,N/A, South Africa
Closing Date: 18 June 2015
Transnet Pipelines is looking for 15 Contract Controller Trainees in various areas. The purpose of these jobs is to undergo Operations Training and be confirmed as a competent Designate Controller after 8 months and after 3 months as a Controller. The Controller is responsible for the Safe and efficient movement of Petroleum products through the Pipeline network by operating highly specialised equipment in accordance with a scheduled programme/instructions with due cognisance to volume/quality of product, the safety of personnel, company assets and satisfaction of both internal and external customers.
Controller duties involves working shifts and the hours of duties are determined by means of a shift rooster.This includes public holidays and weekends.
Applicants will be recruited from the areas indicated in the below. Proof of residency in that area will form a strict part of the selection criteria.
• Witbank (5 positions): Witbank area only. Proof of residential adress will be a requirement
• Jameson Park (4 positions): In liaison with community leaders. Support letters/signature from community leader to be attached. (will be a requirement)
• Klerksdorp (1 position): Klerksdorp area only. Proof of residential adress will be a requirement
• Waltloo (2 positions): Waltloo area only. Proof of residential adress will be a requirement
• Alrode (2 positions): Alrode area only. Proof of residential adress will be a requirement
• Tarlton (1 position): From Tarlton community. Proof of residential adress will be a requirement
Appointment into a permanent position after the 3 months will be subject to the following: * Availability of a approved vacancy
* Successful completion of the training * General conductend attendance
Some of the training responsibilities will include the following:
• Detect leaks and spillages
• Drain water from bund areas
• Handle Transmixtures/intermixtures
• Use company operations system and software to control pipeline equipment for handling and control of mixture/intermixture
• Extract and capture information, verify for accuracy and prioritise in accordance with company policies and procedures
• Plan and handle the transmixure/intermixure
• Plan and handle blending and/or tanker loading of intermixture
• Plan and perform unscheduled minor maintenance (Test, lubricate and repair)
• Perform product metering
• Perform shut downs of product movement
• Deal with sub standard conditions and implement corrective action to the shut down of pipelines
• Monitor shut downs of the pipeline
• Perform product quality tests
• Perform product movement start up and a tank dipping procedures
• Perform start up utilising company operating procedures and software
• Monitor initial performance of the pipeline equipment and product movement
• Standard 10/Grade 12 with mathematics and science.
• Technical qualification will be an advantage.
• Good command of the English language
• Medical assessment will be an inherent requirement of the job.
• Analytical Perseverance
• Sound interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail
• Conflict handling
• Composed and be able to handle stressful situations
• Be able to work on own in isolation
• High frustration toleration