Old Mutual, an international investment, savings, insurance and banking group invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the above trainee positions in a vibrant Claims Assessing Team in Pinelands, Cape Town. If you are a dynamic individual, with high energy and positive attitude, read more about this exciting opportunity.This Claims Assessing Development Programme position prepares participants for a career in claims assessing, through a robust in-house training program. The claims assessing trainees will learn about our assessing philosophy, business unit products, specialist technical knowledge to evaluate and manage the validity of contracts and determine and manage the liability of claims.
The Claims Assessing Development Programme will span over a period of twelve (12) months. During the 12 month period, candidates will be assessed by way of examinations, audits, assignments and practical application of knowledge. As knowledge base increases, participants will gradually be given more responsibility within the department. Trainee Assessors on the Development Programme will begin by selecting and accepting risk and/or liability on behalf of the organization and evaluates proposals and medical evidence against business rules and practices.
At the end of the twelve month period comprehensive audits will be conducted to establish overall quality of work and decision making capability. Success will be measured by a predetermined minimum pass rate. After successful completion of the 12 month Claims Assessing Development Programme candidates may apply to be appointed permanently as a Claims Assessor
- Matric with Biology or Mathematics or Accounting
- Bilingual, English and one other official language- essential.
- Completed medical / medically aligned degree, e.g. Nursing; Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy or a three (3) year related diploma would be an advantage
- Specialised medical knowledge through learning or experience will be advantageous
- PC proficiency
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong planning, organising and time-management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst still maintaining a professional image.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Innovative and energetic, strong team player.
- Well developed, written & verbal communication skills
- Must be willing to work overtime where necessary.
- Continuous Renewal
- Decision Making
- Gaining Commitment
- Thinking Skills
How to apply