Essential Job Functions:
The essential job functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
• Ability to perform basic math skills.
• Ability to make change with all denominations of American currency.
• Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
• Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to work with a wide variety of fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
• Ability to tolerate moderate amounts of dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
• Ability to work in varying temperatures.
• Meet all work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
The job responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
• Maintain Department sanitation and QA standards by cleaning and sanitizing all work surfaces, utensils and equipment. Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
• Adhere to all Federal, State and Local regulations as they pertain to the Front End operation.
• Comply with all store rules, Company policies, safety requirements, security standards and all local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
• Dress according to company policy to include uniform, name badge and hat or hair restraint.
• Comply with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling unpackaged foods.
• Greet all customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
• Accurately identify and scan product under correct department (when necessary).
• Accurately collect proper payment and provide proper change.
• Process all forms of payments (i.e., cash, credit, checks, EBT, WIC, Rain checks, coupons, vouchers, gift cards, etc).
• Properly bag customer’s orders safely and efficiently.
• Handle damaged or return-to-stock products according to company policy, with priority attention given to refrigerated, perishable items, and sell by date.
• Must be knowledgeable in the various types of products carried in the store.
• Be knowledgeable in the company’s HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer’s label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
• Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
• Complete all applicable department training programs.
• Comply with all ShopRite Service Priorities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
NOTE: ASSOCIATES MUST BE 18 YEARS OR OLDER TO OPERATE BALERS, HI-LOS, POWER JACKS AND SLICING MACHINES.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential job functions and general nature of the work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require Associates to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change.
How to Apply?
Click HERE to apply