Closing Date: 31 August 2015
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) invites prospective students to apply for its bursary scheme. The deadline for applications for is the 31 August 2015.
The NFVF’s goal is to stimulate training & development to make the film and television industry more accessible for previously disadvantaged individuals and those with financial difficulties. This goal is achieved by awarding bursaries to students to attend various tertiary institutions world wide. Bursaries are aimed at students who are hard workers, have a passion for the industry but lack the financial resources to meet their ambition.
Criteria for Application for the Student: National Bursaries
• Student should be accepted and registered at an institution that offers formal tertiary qualifications.
• Should be able to demonstrate financial need, i.e. by submitting parent’s payslips etc.
• Should have proof of good academic results (secondary).
• Should submit a one page motivational letter demonstrating why the individual is a good candidate to receive a bursary. The letter should also include all the required information as per application form.
Once you have applied and submitted all the required documents (as per the application form) before the deadline, 31 August annually, an internal and external panel evaluates each application. Applicants are shortlisted and thereafter interviews are conducted to ensure that we award bursaries to the most appropriate students, who will ultimately become NFVF Ambassadors.
• Please ensure that all details on the application form are correct.
• If telephone numbers or addresses change, notify us immediately. If we are unable to contact you, the bursary will be awarded to another deserving student.
• Please ensure that all the required information is submitted to avoid the disqualification of your application.
• First year students receive 100% towards tuition fee only, thereafter we pay 80% towards tuition fee only. The rationale behind this is the result of minimal resources at our disposal as we endeavour to find a balance between the number of students we support & how much we contribute towards those bursaries.
• The NFVF is a National Body and we therefore encourage students country-wide to apply for bursaries.
Individuals may apply to the NFVF for bursaries to support their studies at international tertiary institutions for film courses that are not available in South Africa. Due to minimal resources at the NFVF’s disposal, 100% bursaries will not be awarded.
The following supporting documentation must be submitted together with an official application form:
• A covering letter including personal motivation for study and its relevance to the applicant’s intended career path, as well as how the skills acquired will benefit South Africa.
• A letter of support from the international institution.
• Proof of excellence within the applicant’s field of competency.
How to Apply?
If you meet the above criteria, you may apply by completing a national bursary application form (download HERE). The application form provides a guide on all the required documentation to submit with your application form.