Bidvest bank is looking for administrators in the following fields: HR, Investment and recon
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Ensure daily adhoc queries and requests from Card Product team, Third-Party Processors and Senior Management are resolved accurately and timeously.
- Ensure that daily checks are done on file integration, work closely with IT to implement controls around this.
- Ensure any missing files or transaction data is adequately followed up with I.T and the relevant Third-Party Processors and resolved timeously.
- Ensure daily reconciliations are completed according to Recon procedure manual.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with New Product Implementation
- Determination to resolve and correct situations.
- To exercise control over Branch Financial Transactions i.e. timeous deposits, unpaids, cheques issued.
- Monthly Analysis of volumes and values on all Card/Bank Reconciliations.
- Completion of various Month End Board Reports.
- Completion of various Daily Reports.
- Maintain relationships and understand the core functions of the Finance Department, Card Division as well as Front and Back Office Operations.
- Submit Month End Reconciliations for Management Review within the set deadlines.
- Corresponding with various Local Banks, Foreign Banks, and various Service Providers.
- To investigate and resolve outstanding items on reconciliations daily while adhering to all procedures.
- Efficiently handle queries for Swift, RTC, Naedo, Saswitch and EFT.
- Understand the various payment streams through Bank Serv.
- Understand Visa and MasterCard, Issuing and Acquiring settlement process.
- Accurate and effective clearing of Reconciliations within the set deadlines.
- To accurately handle all reconciliation aspects relating to Card/Bank and Float Reconciliations.
- Understand transaction flows for new products on end-to-end accounting process flows that impact the balance sheet and income statement.
- Meet month end reporting deadlines.
- Ensure all external files are received and any missing files resolved before month end.
- Ensure Journals are processed accurately and completely.
- Assist with New Alliance Initiatives, from a reconciliation perspective.
- Ensure departmental compliance to relevant Operating Procedures.
- Pro-active and accurate management of information by delivering timely reports to relevant departments and management.
- Contribute to the financial wellbeing of the department/bank.
- Raise and discuss any issues regarding system/process weaknesses identified.
- Identify controls to be implemented.
- Expeditious feedback to relevant department/staff to ensure problems are resolved.
- Assist with preparation of audit reporting requirements.
- Liaise with and assist internal and external auditors where required.
- Assist the Card ops/finance team and reconciliation team when required.
- Take ownership for driving own career development.
- Achievement of objectives set out in personal development plan.
- Must pay keen attention to detail, numeric accuracy, and strong accounting background
- Logical thinker/problem solver
- Assertive individual who will be able to implement new controls and procedures as required
- Ability to work well and maintain focus under pressure
- Deadline driven
- Honesty, trustworthiness, dependable and high ethics are non-negotiable
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and must be able to interact with staff at all levels.
- Self-starter, motivated and energetic individual
- Have a great attitude, take ownership for tasks and see them through to completion
- Microsoft excel (advanced)
- Ability to work with different data sources and systems.
- Previous experience in a similar role in a Bank (5 full years), Card Reconciliations
- Banking experience essential
- Qualification: Accounting Diploma/B.Com.Degree or Equivalent
- Logical thinker
- Deadline driven
- Data sources
- Card reconciliations
- Numeric accuracy
- Minute taking
- Support Administration
- Travel booking
Desired Work Experience:
- 5 to 10 years
Desired Qualification Level & Accreditations:
- South African Institute of Chartered Accountant
Employer & Job Benefits:
- Provident Fund