The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) invites prospective students to apply for its bursary programme, which is aimed at building capacity by upskilling film & TV professionals for global competitiveness through its support of qualifying applicants for overseas studies which are not offered in South African tertiary institutions. However, Live Performance or Acting programmes are excluded.
This bursary will be awarded for the 2018 academic year with a cap of R250 000 inclusive of tuition and living expenses.
The NFVF, an agency of the Department of Arts and Culture, is a statutory body mandated to spearhead the equitable growth and development of the SA film and video industry.
The applicant must
- Must apply six months before the course commences
- Be a South African citizen
- Have a good academic record
- Demonstrate a need for a financial assistance
- Be enrolled at an accredited overseas tertiary institution for a full time post graduate film/TV programme (the course must
- be commencing in September 2018 and not available in South Africa)
Preference will be given to students enrolled at public tertiary institutions.
Applications must be accompanied by a detailed motivation as to why the applicant must be awarded a bursary together with all the supporting documents as indicated in the online application form.
How to apply:
For any queries regarding the application process please email Thandekile Hlatshwayo at Thandekiles@nfvf.co.za and for queries regarding the qualifying criteria, please email Lebohang Khunou at email@example.com, 011 483 0880.
Applications will not be considered if:
- The application form is incomplete or wrong information is provided;
- Supporting documents are missing or not certified;
- Please note that applications sent via email or fax will not be considered.
Application Closing Date: 31 March 2018