Position:Artisan: Control Valves and Pumps (Fitter and Turner / Plumber)
Department: Water and Sanitation
Salary:R 176 592 – R 229 212 per annum (plus benefits)
- Grade 12 or equivalent NQF Level 4 qualification
- Trade test (Fitter and Turner or Plumber)
- Code: C valid driver’s license with PrDP
- Physical ability to perform all work as required
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar environment
- Keep Foreman up to date about any potential breakdowns or any safety threats
- Accurately carry out maintenance schedules
- Ensure a high standard of housekeeping at all times within area where work has been performed
- Perform service, modifications, installations, renovations and repairs
- Perform weekly shift and stand-by function as per roster and in accordance to company policy
- Ensure that the correct materials and workmanship are used and that the client is given quality work and value for money
- Perform work that includes standby and overtime, as and when required
- Comply to the Occupational & Safety Act, Nr. 85, of 1993, and all related regulations
- Adhere to specified standards, policies and SOPs to prevent and reduce wastage on financial resources and escalate associated risk
Interested candidates whose background and experience match these challenging and exciting positions are invited to submit their CV by email to email@example.com
Enquiries: 011 999-7427
No faxed applications will be accepted. Please quote reference number on application.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.