Closing date: 09 June 2016
Engineering Learnership opportunities are available at the following Anglo American Platinum Operations:
Rustenburg Processes (Waterval Smelter and PMR); Amandelbult Processes, Mogalakwena Processes in the following discipline:
Please note that the successful Candidates will be appointed on an Unemployed (18.2) contract.
Primary Job Purpose
The successful Candidates will be afforded an opportunity to enrol in an Unemployed (18.2) Learnership programme leading to the selected qualification as a qualified Artisan.
- Matric with Mathematics and English (Minimum 40% pass), Physical Science will be an added advantage, or,
- N2 with 4/5 subjects as per the specific Discipline Requirements (Added advantage), or,
- NCV Level – 3 in appropriate trade
Trade Test Requirements
A minimum of N2 Subjects/ certificate with the five applicable subjects for the relevant trade as specified below:
- Engineering Science;
- Electrical Trade Theory;
- Fitting Trade Theory;
- Industrial Electronics or Engineering Drawings
The appointed learner will sign an agreement where the learner commits him / herself to perform as required and obtain the minimum N2 or any required subjects applicable to the trade, necessary for qualifying.
Where applicable the Company will support the appointed learner to achieve the minimum requirements by allowing the learner to attend a full trimester to obtain the relevant N2 subjects for the trade.
- Must be prepared to work underground/surface and in plants “dusty areas”, and an eleven day fortnight shift where applicable;
- Must be a South African Citizen;
- Must pass the relevant Rehabilitation Functionality Assessment (RFA) & medical certificate of fitness, and
- Selection of Candidates will be based upon the Anglo American Platinum selection and recruitment procedure.
- Anglo American Platinum shall apply the Employment Equity principles as set out in Anglo American Platinum’s Employment Equity Policy
- Incomplete CV’s and /or applications will not be considered
- In order for your application to be considered, attach copies of Identity document, qualifications, and or license/s required for the role
- Alternatively Interested candidates are invited to submit detailed Curriculum Vitae’s (CV’s) including certified copies of ID and highest qualification certificates to the nearest Walk in Centre at Anglo American Mines
- Applicants should state in their application form, their geographical area and the advert number
- NB: NO ACCOMODATION AND TRANSPORT TO AND FROM WORK WILL BE PROVIDED BY ANGLO AMERICAN PLATINUM
- Successful applicants will be informed and invited to complete the necessary assessments and interview
How To Apply