Do you have a passion for people? Do you strive to help make a difference? If you want to become a part of a hard working passionate team then you should apply for this internship at KWO.
Kungwini Welfare Organisation is looking for a Social Work intern to join their amazing family. Many families, especially those residing in rural areas, are facing numerous challenges that compromise their emotional, mental and physical wellbeing. These families often face extreme poverty, lack of service delivery, lack of access to services, limited education and exposure to violent crime and substance abuse.
Their Social Workers are dedicated to assisting the community to take care of themselves and their children. The ultimate goal is to help these families to function independently. They provide counselling, referrals, parental guidance and undertake awareness campaigns.
- A qualification in Social Work
- Must be registered with the SACSSP
- Should have passion and be able to work with the disabled
- Must be able to speak/read/write/understand Afrikaans
- Should be able to drive, in posession of C1 license and PDP
- Must preferably have your own transport
- Stay close to Kungwini Welfare Organisation
- Knowledge of relevant residential facilities/disability legislations
- Able to study and apply Mental Health Care Act, 17 of 2002
- Able to create and manage Individual Development Plans
- Able to write social work reports and daily process notes
- Able to work as a part of a residential care multidisciplinary team
- Possess strong administration and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently while under supervision
How To Appy:
Send applications to email@example.com. Attach CV, proof of qualification, proof of registration with SACSSP as well as proof of driver’s licence in application email.
Closing Date: Friday, March 27, 2020