South African Airways (SAA) Technical is looking for young male and female SA citizens to apply for their Apprenticeship/Learnership training programme. This is a unique opportunity to gain business skills in the aviation industry. SAAT provides youth with the opportunity to gain valuable work experience for a limited period. Apart from practical hands-on work experience and in-depth knowledge gained, learners will benefit from being exposed to the world of work and the aviation environment in particular. Upon completion of the Apprenticeship Programme, Learners will be better prepared for a work role in their career fields of study/ relevant trades.
SAA Technical operates from extensive premises at OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, South Africa, servicing not only the domestic market but also regional and global customers.
The following trades ate offered
• Aircraft Mechanical: Maintenance if Airframe and Power Plant
• Aircraft Structures: Maintenance of the aircraft structures
• Aircraft Welding: weld, repair aircraft and engine components, plasma spray, heat-treat, manufacture parts, tooling per manufacture and repair.
• Aircraft Spray Painting: corrosion prevention, repair of paint coatings, application of protective coatings and paint decoration of interior and exterior of an aircraft.
• Aircraft Composites Structures: (1) repair, rework and rebuild all composites interior and exterior components. (2) Rework aircraft acrylic windows.
• Aircraft Electroplating: repair and refinish aircraft parts and components with electroplating. Anodising & surface treatment process.
• Aircraft Turner Machinist: (1) manufacture, repair and rework of aircraft components. (2) Manufacture and repair aircraft related tooling.
• Aircraft Trimming: manufacture, repair, inspect and maintain all types of aircraft interior components and maintaining of survival equipment.
• Avionics (1) Electrician – Maintain electrical system in a variety of aircraft. (2 ) Radiotrician maintains, repairs, troubleshoots and tests all the radio, communication and navigation equipment. (3) Instruments- install, adjust, test, maintain and repair instruments, compass swing and passenger service units.
In order of preference, state two trades which you are interested in
• Grade 12 with Mathematics and Physical Science with a 50% or level 4 symbol or N3 with Mathematics, Physical or Engineering Science with a 50% or level 4 symbol
Skills, Knowledge & Attributes
• Communication skills
• Willing to learn
• Team Player
How to Apply?
Click HERE to apply online
Closing Date: 14 September 2016
Should you not hear from us by the 30 September 2016, take that your application is unsuccessful