Who Should Apply for Sanlam Bursary Scholarships If you are a whiz at maths, enjoy a good challenge by solving difficult problems and are willing to remain focused and disciplined through years of studying and training, then you are just who we’re looking for.
What Do We Offer
- Tuition and accommodation fees
- Allowances for books, travel and pocket money
- Mentoring and academic support from Sanlam actuarial professionals
- Vacation work and networking opportunities with Sanlam staff
- Guaranteed employment after completion of studies
- Continued support and payment towards actuarial board exams
- Range of work rotation opportunities across a broad spectrum of disciplines
What Do We Require
- Final Grade 11 results and Grade 12 min-year 2018 results
- Certified copy of your identity document (ID)
- Grade 12 results may be used as determining factor
- An above 90% score in Mathematics and an overall A aggregate
- A motivation to support your application that answers the following questions:
- In your own words, can you describe what an actuary does?
- Why do you want to study actuarial science?
- Why do you believe you have what it takes to become an actuary?
- Why should Sanlam choose you to be a bursary holder?
- If you are not successful at becoming an actuary, what other career paths are you considering?
How to Apply for Sanlam Bursary Scholarships
To apply, please send your CV, a certified copy of your ID, final Grade 11 results and Grade 12 mid-year results and a motivation to support your application to the following email address: actuarialBursaries@sanlam.co.za.
We are committed to embracing and accelerating transformation. In accordance with Sanlam’s employment equity plan, preference will therefore be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups (Black South Africans i.e. African, Coloured and Indian scholars).
If you have a friend or loved one who might be interested in applying for the bursary, download this page to print
Closing Date: 30 June 2018