Closing Date: 30 September 2016
Which studies related to Space do we offer financial support to?
• Antarctic radar studies of climate change (PhD/post-doctoral)
• Remote Sensing (Hons/MSc/PhD)
• Earth Systems Sciences with Remote Sensing (Hons/MSc/PhD)
• Geomagnetically induced currents in power systems (Hons/MSc/MPhil/PhDGeospatial Programmers (Hons/MSc/PhD)
• Multi scale ionospheric physics, structures and dynamics (Hons, MSc or PhD)
• Physics of space weather (Hons/MSc/MPhil/PhD)
• Space Weather models for aviation and military communications (Hons/MSc/MPhil/PhD)
• Software and Software Systems Engineering
• Aeronautical -, Aerospace -, Electrical -, Electronic -, Mechanical Engineering
• Space -, Systems -, Antenna – and RF Systems Engineering
…..and fields of your choice related to key SANSA objectives
• Student should have obtained an aggregate of 65% from previous degree
• Be a South African citizen (preference will be given to previously disadvantaged individuals)
• Planning to enrol for Honours, Masters/MTech and DTech/ PhD
• Meet the minimum entry level requirements for acceptance to a South African University at the level for which the bursary is required.
• Identify the general research area of their interest (specific projects will be tailored to each student)
• Honors R50,000.00
• Masters R98,000.00
• Doctoral R120,000.00
Bursary amounts are subject to change
Required supporting documents
• Certified copy of your June 2016 results or progress report of all subjects (if no examinations were written) and project titles are compulsory for the application.
• Certified copy of certificate and/ results of last degree obtained, if not registered 2016
• Certified copy of your South African ID or other form of identification.
• Research proposal if MSc or PhD application (This does not have to be already approved by a University).
• Testimonial (Please download Testimonial template from Bursaries menu)
How to Apply?
Go HERE to view post